5351 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Jordan, i understand. But i have ranch with lots of promising and natural aptitudes, but a lot of basic facilites are still missing since years back, cows, chickens, sheep are suffering from the lacks, maybe the my next step would be not that “hey… what about safari park”

New projects are just one of the core strategies for Envato. I remember Collis saying it once, something along the lines of “create, refine reiterate”. It’s a good strategy because although some projects will fail, some will hit it big like ThemeForest did. And ThemeForest’s success has dramatically increased exposure to the other marketplaces, so we all benefit when a new project hits it big.

This doesn’t change my reservations about Microlancer, but I’m hoping for two possibilities that would ease my worries:

• Authors are given the option to choose whether they want Microlancer advertised next to their items
  • Authors are given a cut of all freelance work done for their items
854 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Jordan, i understand. But i have ranch with lots of promising and natural aptitudes, but a lot of basic facilites are still missing since years back, cows, chickens, sheep are suffering from the lacks, maybe the my next step would be not that “hey… what about safari park”
New projects are just one of the core strategies for Envato. I remember Collis saying it once, something along the lines of “create, refine reiterate”. It’s a good strategy because although some projects will fail, some will hit it big like ThemeForest did. And ThemeForest’s success has dramatically increased exposure to the other marketplaces, so we all benefit when a new project hits it big.

Spot on! And nice feedback too on what you would like to see.

6000 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Refine and reiterate isn’t balanced here. Or atleast proved to happen only after community’s pressure / bitterness.

At some stage, Envato (or any successful business) should come-out from the narrow strategy of utilizing the exposure benefits; instead of that, focus on gaining attention through service quality and deeper attention to industry needs (adding few more categories is not enough and will never justify)

While ThemeForest serves as an exposure gateway for other marketplaces, Envato should also consider that, this particular marketplace (TF) deserves more specialized improvements to support the authors and the industry. As of now, what actually happens is you guys trying to utilize the maximum available benefits from theme industry (hardwork from authors / community) but never improved TF to match the industries’s demand. Poor search filter and indirectly making the authors to have their own support channel is lame.

And 8 marketplaces with same format of comment, search etc is cruel – isn’t it? In case there were 37 more possible industries, will Envato create 37 more marketplaces with same format?

I believe atleast after the microlancer’s development, don’t gamble with new ventures and please focus on making each individual marketplace to have its own format to match specific industries.

4283 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

I’d love to join too! :D

854 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Refine and reiterate isn’t balanced here. Or atleast proved to happen only after community’s pressure / bitterness.

At some stage, Envato (or any successful business) should come-out from the narrow strategy of utilizing the exposure benefits; instead of that, focus on gaining attention through service quality and deeper attention to industry needs (adding few more categories is not enough and will never justify)

While ThemeForest serves as an exposure gateway for other marketplaces, Envato should also consider that, this particular marketplace (TF) deserves more specialized improvements to support the authors and the industry. As of now, what actually happens is you guys trying to utilize the maximum available benefits from theme industry (hardwork from authors / community) but never improved TF to match the industries’s demand. Poor search filter and indirectly making the authors to have their own support channel is lame.

And 8 marketplaces with same format of comment, search etc is cruel – isn’t it? In case there were 37 more possible industries, will Envato create 37 more marketplaces with same format?

I believe atleast after the microlancer’s development, don’t gamble with new ventures and please focus on making each individual marketplace to have its own format to match specific industries.

We’ve been put together as a new team, separate resources, separate budget and have been developing quick and lean. Nothing about our development has jeopardised long term progress on the Marketplaces. One exciting opportunity we have as a new platform is to base a lot our initial framework largely with community input, that’s part of the reason the service provider beta is planned.

I can’t speak for what’s coming up on the Marketplaces but I have never seen those on the team more driven to achieve incredible things, its a really exciting time at work. I also happen to know your amazing passion is not unheard amongst us. And that goes for many, many of the authors here. I hope we can build a community like this on Microlancer :)

310 posts Tabvn
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
tabvn says

I ‘m ready :)

712 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
snkart says

Game on! I’m in too. :D Nice idea by the way.

1265 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
Pricop says

I’ve joined, would love to have a “beta” badge =)

1144 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

i’m in.
Just sent the dates.

7435 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I’ve joined, would love to have a “beta” badge =)

You can see the website? Or you just compiled the form?

by
by
by
by
by
by