I am about to launch my new application and I’m very excited about it. It has been a year since I launched my original UPS application and for only two hours work I made almost a $100 USD .
I have a few questions about my new software project. It is a LOT more complicated then my last project and took around a month to complete. As such, it is more prone to errors than a smaller project.
My questions are as follows:
1. Does CodeCanyon have anywhere where we can provide FREE software BETA testing projects (1 or 3 downloads only)
2. Does CodeCanyon protect you from someone taking your work and uploading it as their own?
3. Do people think this is a good thing to do before releasing a big project?
Thanks to everyone who purchased my original script
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author was Featured
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Item was Featured
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
try places like forrst.com
to answer your questions:
1. you cannot provide, or link to, free stuff on cc
2. cc itself doesn’t protect you, if you find someone stealing your code you can send them a DMCA Notice
3. it’s definitely good to get feedback before launching a project. often people point out things you might not know yourself or might have missed out on.
Thank you designcise,
I guess I will have to search for somewhere I can give my code to and see the results.
Thank you for your help.
You can find some good people here on Code Canyon as well if you need to beta testing done.
Most of us our authors and willing to help one another out when needed, so don’t be afraid to ask here as well.
As Designcise mentioned you cannot provide any links to free software that you plan on selling later. However, you can ask for users to email you or signup in order for beta testing in which you can host on your own server and get feedback on. This stuff has been done in the past.