1646 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

It’s all about the buyers , without you all of this would be meaningless…
So , buyers , how do you buy..?
Considering which criterias..?
Are you (or CAN you) using the SEARCH option..?
What makes you buy from the same author again and again , and vice versa..?
What features you want (or do not want) to see at the marketplaces..?
There are many questions can be added , so this is your thread , I think any feedback would be helpful to all of the community.
Bedros

8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

unfortunately I don’t think many buyers use the forums…

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

I do

30 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
TwoJStudios says

Well let’s see… I guess I base most of my purchases on feedback in the item’s comments. I look for comments that state that the item was easy to use/install, and I also look for questions asked by the buyers that get responses from the author. Questions asked and never answered stick out for me as a no buy item. Author rating does play a role, but a very small one. Item support after the sale is probably #1 for me though I very rarely ask for support, it is nice knowing if I have any issues I can get help.

One thing that does bother me is when a question is asked, and the author responds with “answered in email”. More then once I have had the same question, and now have to contact the author instead of reading the fix/answer right there where it was asked previously.

Just my 2c. Hope it helps!

68 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
vazz says

One thing that does bother me is when a question is asked, and the author responds with “answered in email”. Just my 2c. Hope it helps!

This could happen when the author wants to send some extra files/codes (I’m not saying this is always the case but could be) and secondly keeps nulled themes lovers away from free support, otherwise what would be the difference between you, buyer and the one who stole. But I do understand your point.

1646 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Well let’s see… I guess I base most of my purchases on feedback in the item’s comments. I look for comments that state that the item was easy to use/install, and I also look for questions asked by the buyers that get responses from the author. Questions asked and never answered stick out for me as a no buy item. Author rating does play a role, but a very small one. Item support after the sale is probably #1 for me though I very rarely ask for support, it is nice knowing if I have any issues I can get help.

One thing that does bother me is when a question is asked, and the author responds with “answered in email”. More then once I have had the same question, and now have to contact the author instead of reading the fix/answer right there where it was asked previously.

Thanks a lot for feedback.

1259 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

It is nice to know that! Thanks!

8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

I do

then perhaps answer the posters questions? :)

5492 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

I was answering yours lol.

I buy based on logic, and i dont mean using logic.

But i buy a product laterally based on achieving a result, that follows the logic of the item, and fulfils the logic of my requirement however loose that may be

I dont actually buy from any one particular author, but i do have preference to certain authors.

I always switch off codecanyon frame in preview mode and check src code of item, and view with firebug.

I look for clean code, where authors have taken the time to comment each sector where appropriate, this leads me to think if thy can be bothered to explain, then they understand and care about its use.

I wont buy anything,without a live preview.

I also find authors from europe are whizz with js, and those from asia are a whizz with php.

Just my observations, hope this helps.

436 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
studio_21 says

This is very useful for authors. I wish more buyers would comment on this thread.

by
by
by
by
by
by