• Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

All Bounty has now been claimed and this event is now over! Winners announced soon!

Envato's Most Wanted

We’re putting a $1000 bounty on the heads of Envato’s most wanted file type – Signage on GraphicRiver. The first 40 files uploaded (and subsequently approved) to the Signage category each get $25 (with a maximum of 10 files or $250 per author).

Details

In short, it’s a race to see who can quickly submit quality content based on the following criteria:

• Date Posted: May 10, 2012
  • Prizes: 40 winning files will get a share of $1,000 of prizes! 40 x $25 “cash” prizes are payable ONLY via either PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill). Not only that, all winners will receive the much-desired Most Wanted Bounty Winner Badge
  • Maximum Prizes per Author: 10
  • Closing Date: June 28, 2012 (12 p.m. Central US Time)
  • Files We’re Looking For:
    • Billboard poster/ad designs
    • Real Estate Signage
    • Food/Restaurant Signage
    • Retail Store Signage
    • As a general rule of thumb – “Signage” is any kind of sign or advertisement that’s larger than a flyer/poster.

File/Contest Requirements:

• Multiple submissions from the same author must all be different to one another.
  • Normal GraphicRiver upload instructions apply
  • By entering this contest, you MUST sign and agree to keep any WINNING entries online for a minimum of 2 years: http://www.formstack.com/forms/envato-envatos_most_wanted_entry_agreement See form for full details. This form MUST be completed once your item has been APPROVED on GraphicRiver if you wish your item(s) to be eligible for Envato’s Most Wanted
  • DO NOT post submissions to this thread. We will be keeping an eye on the category instead to see submissions.

Where Files Should be Submitted:

Print Templates > Signage

It’s as simple as that! The first 40 files to be uploaded (and subsequently approved) based on the above requirements win! Please note that we have some more specific rules to outline and clarify:

PLEASE READ FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS HERE

Good luck! :)

19 posts
  • Mexico
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Adeoh says

Is there any guideline on document size?

1161 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Malawi
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
chiccosinalo says

banners go like 1×3m in demension in 300dpi that like 1.5GB how are we going to upload this if GR! accepts 500MB as a limit?

Please help

R3GeneralDesigns
R3GeneralDesigns Recent Posts Threads Started
92 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Japan
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
R3GeneralDesigns says

brrrrr, not so clear of what you need. I check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signage

And I dont know exactly whatyoure loking for…examples could be the fire extinguiser signal or the toilet signals into an office, for example?

Vehicle wraps, Billboard poster/ad designs?¿?¿?¿ Any photo/example?

10k thanks!

banners go like 1×3m in demension in 300dpi that like 1.5GB how are we going to upload this if GR! accepts 500MB as a limit

I think if you make a vector scaled document that maintain the proportion, you got it solved. But I dont know 100% if this is acceptable at the upload process.

2592 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

That’s a good idea about maybe getting some documentation out there, particularly long term. I’ve passed the idea along, thanks! :) Meanwhile, here are a few tips:

• Billboard posters are not 300 dpi. Read D’zincStudio’s comments here.
  • Usual Print Template upload instructions apply where file formats are concerned, don’t forget that!
  • There are several examples in the announcement, but think outside the box, you are not restricted to just those examples. If you have a strong concept and it’s executed well and has utility to customers, try submitting it!

Good luck! :)

2 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • South Africa
mmogamer says

Hi there, With regards to the vehicle wraps, on what vehicles ? Any or specific ?

447 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Sleightofhand says

Submitted my entry 5 hours ago, looking forward to review.

Sleight

684 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
Gembell says

Whether corporate or business also includes ???

11 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
amiga says

I’ve worked for a signage company in the past. The industry standard applications are Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator. When someone (a client) says ‘signage’ it often refers to shop fronts (signs displayed inside and outside buildings/premises – actual shop signs above the shop doors and A-frames, which are boards outside to display in-store promotions), vinyl decals (promotional window offers displays and fleet graphics), vehicle wraps (which are designs that are ‘wrapped’ around the entire car/van/truck*), billboards (various sizes from bus shelters, to motorways) to standard company displays in-house that cover company promotions to health & safety.

• When designing for vehicles, signage designers work with vehicle wireframes, which are pre-made line drawings of each vehicle build that’s ever been manufactured. Therefore, it’s recommended that when designing for vehicles, it’s a bespoke order, as each vehicle is manufactured in different size, build and structure and care has to be undertaken when applying the designs in vinyl format for each individual spec job. The wireframes are provided by companies on disc and can be costly as they include thousands of vehicle types. Using such wireframes in a design that’s to be included on a marketplace such as Graphic River might infringe a few of the limitations that you’re allowed to use when creating designs with their wireframes. It might be worth checking on the usage before submitting designs with the frames included, or to build your own accurate frames for some of the more popular vehicle builds, but will take a lot of time.

Most signage companies and printers who deal with wraps and vinyl orders work in .EPS format and vectors. Almost all companies that I’ve come in contact with hardly touch Photoshop, so PSD format isn’t advised.

I’d like to see the signage section take off, but in regards to vehicle wraps and any kind of vehicle graphics, it might cause real life compatibility issues and may prove more problematic than what it’s worth, as the price of vehicle graphics vary between £150-£500, including parts and labour, on average in a lot of areas in the UK. The prices of such templates would need to be considered as most of what clients pay for in the final invoice is not the actual vehicle wrap design (as it’s mostly common in a complete identity package) but for parts and labour of the vinyl to be made and displayed on their vehicles.

Always good to see a new section on here. It’ll be interesting to see how it develops. Good luck to all those brave enough to test the waters.

447 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Sleightofhand says

Amiga,

I have worked in the industry within the UK for over ten years and the printers I deal with have never requested coraldraw…Illustrator is accepted but never requested.

I always create my artwork in InDesign and either supply a ‘packaged file’ or hi res PDF , with no problems at all. As long as the artwork is good and set correctly there shouldn’t be a problem.

i am no expert in supplying PSD files for print but I do believe that the latest photoshop holds vector capabilities to some extent. Maybe some of our Photoshop wizards can clarify?

I guess artwork requirements comes down to the individual printers.

I also agree with: As a general rule of thumb – “Signage” is any kind of sign or advertisement that’s larger than a flyer/poster.

As this can include pop up banners and large format printing.

Sleight

by
by
by
by
by
by