The email said: Your submission isn’t up to the standard of quality that we require.
You will need to consider putting more work into the composition as well as more work into the typography. I would like some clues as to making the typography better but still edible. I usually do my text for my flyers in illustrator with the 3d options but then it wouldn’t be editable so any ideas would be helpful. The flyer is here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/poolpartyweb.jpg
Belongs to item discussion section.
I highly suggest working on tpyography, spacing, fon’t choices, spacing. Also the coloring.
Thank you for your reply. A couple of questions. When you say font choices do you mean what’s bold and what’s not? Everything is avant garde except the word pool party which is compacta. And for the coloring is the red and blue too redundant? And the spacing issue… Is it with the kerning or is it just generally bad?
it felt real estate to me .
Here is some detailed suggestions:
- Pool Party text, not that great looking to be honest… I like the way it is positioned though the P and Y.
- Also too much text, looks all clustered…try to get rid of some, and make it look much cleaner.
- Pictures at the bottom, does make it look like a real-estate kind of flyer…so I think you’re better of mixing things up and turning it into a corporate flyer.
- The box that carries the information, kind of looks old-schoolish…the borders specifically…with the blue blurred.
- The water…splashes don’t belong in the design it self, personally I think.
- Re-place free addmision with the party presenter…as it will have their address on it, so I am sure it’s ok.
- The red font color choices aren’t that great if you ask me for the addres…red on white don’t work that well usually.
- Good luck.