1502 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Thanks guys for the feedback and for sharing your finds :)
Here comes some more stuff:
A free recorder rompler offered by Tek’it Audio.

RECsoprano is a free soprano recorder plugin instrument, adding envelope control, a selection of tunning, polyphonic voices and a polyphonic portamento…
It also visualize the positions on the instrument, so you can use it as an educational tool.
http://tekit-audio.com/products/real-play/recsoprano/

Another one is a Kontakt instrument offered for free by Nine Volt Audio.

Introduced in 1963 and discontinued only two years later, the Guitaret was an invention of Ernst Zacharias, the mind behind other Hohner instruments like the Clavinet, Cembalet and Pianet.
More info and free download here:
http://www.ninevoltaudio.com/products/solo_guitaret.php
1502 posts
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

How could this pass unnoticed yet ? Our fellow AJ author Wavesfactory, who offered before some free Kontakt instruments strikes again :)
This time he puts a beautiful music box, one of the best around:

A music box (also musical box) is a 19th/20th century automatic musical instrument that produces sounds by the use of a set of pins placed on a revolving cylinderor disc so as to pluck the tuned teeth (or lamellae) of a steel comb. We sampled this music box in stereo with a matched pair of mics AKG 414 . This instrument is free, we want to make gifts regularly because we love you. Enjoy your music box For Kontakt 3.5 or superior. Full version required.
Thanks Wavesfactory for your generosity :)
More info and free download here:
http://samples.wavesfactory.com/?p=1313
1502 posts
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Sonokinetic offer you an exclusive free download of a set of samples from the “Tutti” library. These selected “Tension Builders” fx with full mic settings are a time limited download. Register, download and enjoy.” valid up to June 3rd 2012 one monolite patch for Kontakt 4.2.4 and up. Containing a small selection of the Tutti Tension builders patch.
http://www.sonokinetic.net/products/classical/tutti/#teaser
179 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
benjijackson says

That Music Box is excellent. Highly recommended. :)

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CinematicAudio says

Mihai_Sorohan – what a great and VERY useful thread! One of the most interesting I think :) Good to know that there are so many beautiful sounding samples and instruments out there which are free to use. I’m tired of these tons of commercial libraries – too expensive stuff. I remember when I bought Symphobia, that was quite a time ago, and it cost me about 1200$ which ruined my buget completely hehe… Need to mention that I’m from Poland and dollar here is very expensive. Thanks!

290 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
soundroll says

Mihai is the BEST ! :)

1502 posts
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Mihai is the BEST ! :)
Thank you for your very kind words :)

... it cost me about 1200$ which ruined my buget completely hehe… Need to mention that I’m from Poland and dollar here is very expensive. Thanks!
Well, recently I got a job that pay normal money, but before I was on “no budget”, so I had to “hunt down” all possible freebies and all my music was made with free software. From my sequencer (Mu.Lab, at that time the free version) to NI player versions, instruments made by me with Maize sampler free, EWQL the free Symphonic plugin…etc.
It was a time when my monthly salary was 50$ :D
If you Google search my name and sample libraries, you will find some heavily inspired things from expensive libraries. There is a morphing choir (I wanted to get Requiem Light but didn’t had the money, so I asked my wife, my mother in law, the drummer from my rock band…etc, to sing long notes that I used in sampler), a desk lamp (wanted “Propanium” but again, no money), bamboo chimes, muted trumpets… tons of stuff.
Sometimes lack of resources push up creativity.

(somehow I got removed the links to my free libraries, were considered too self promotional, regardless of the fact that Envato doesn’t have a sample marketplace)
1502 posts
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

A quite new sampler, free, plays SFZ and comes with a free library, mostly targeted to electronic music, but with the many free SFZs available I think you can put it to use in other contexts as well.

Zampler is a powerful sample workstation developed by Synapse Audio for Beat magazine. Design by Cyan.
Key features:

• sample oscillators with SFZ support
  • multimode filter
  • three lfos
  • three ADSR envelopes
  • complex modulation matrix
  • arpeggiator / step sequencer
  • effect section with overdrive, equalizer, phaser, chorus, delay and reverb
  • free demo soundbank
  • additional soundsets available on the Beat magazine DVDs
  • easy to use
  • low CPU usage

http://www.zampler.de
  • 615 posts
    • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
    • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
    • Had an item featured on Envato Market
    • Has referred 100+ members
    +3 more
    Basspartout says

Thanks, Mihai, for the Zampler. I just downloaded it and first impression: really nice! Unfortunately there is a bug with it and my Studio One: the windows load dialog always disappears into the menu bar as soon as I click into it. In order to load sounds, I had to minimize my DAW into the menu bar.

1502 posts
    +2 more
    Mihai_Sorohan says

Thanks, Mihai, for the Zampler. I just downloaded it and first impression: really nice! Unfortunately there is a bug with it and my Studio One: the windows load dialog always disappears into the menu bar as soon as I click into it. In order to load sounds, I had to minimize my DAW into the menu bar.
    Same problem here with MuLab, so, I guess it’s a problem with the plugin not with your DAW .
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by