Let’s share some anecdotes that pretty much nobody beside us understands :
- Q: What is the difference between a Ph.D. in mathematics and a large pizza?
A: A large pizza can feed a family of four…
- Theorem. A cat has nine tails.
Proof. No cat has eight tails. Since one cat has one more tail than no cat, it must have nine tails.
- A Ph.D. in math giving a lecture: “Let’s take k numbers… no, k is too few… let’s take n numbers!
- A mathematician is asked by a friend who is a devout Christian: “Do you believe in one God?”
He answers: “Yes – up to isomorphism.”
- “Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].”
- A logician at Safeway.
“Paper or plastic?”
“Not ‘not paper and not plastic’!”
- There are 10 kinds of mathematicians: those who can think binarily and those who can’t.
- The shortest math joke ever: let epsilon < 0
This is a joke. Apparently a 51 year old IT Director thinks there are five 20p pieces in £1.60.