2104 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I am having a problem with the rotate tool in illustrator.

I don’t know how to get the option box, up like below i am on PC by the way, need it so i can rotate things in a circle, also do i need a number of copies or will the rotate tool do it automatically. \\

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
dekurvajo says

command + D repeats your last thing you did before. Is this what you looking for, or something else?

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I just wanted to know how you bring up the rotate box.

I press r to use the rotate tool and can click to place anchor point but cant get up the box so i could type in the amount rather than try to do it by eye

34 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
smithunltd says

Two things 1)From the menu bar – Object>Transform>Rotate or 2) If you have enable smart guides ctrl+U or from menu bar – View>Smart Guides), when you rotate, it will show you the angle.

Hope this helps.

243 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
deiby says

Can also double click many of the tool icons to bring up the option dialog associated with that tool. Example, select what you want to rotate then double click the rotate tool icon to bring up it’s options box.

916 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
joiaco says

I think you have to press r, click on anchor point, then press ENTER and the box will appear.

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I think you have to press r, click on anchor point, then press ENTER and the box will appear.

Cheers that does the trick the only problem I am having is when I set the anchor point then press enter to rotate, the anchor point moves back to the middle how do I stop this!

916 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
joiaco says

I have been trying to figure this out today! If i find out i will let you know :)

Maybe the best way is to make the first shape, press r, click anchor point, press ENTER, set the degrees angle in the box that you want, check the copy box, and see what happens. If that gives you what you want, then you just press Control+D to repeat the action as many times as you need.

65 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
dvhughes says

Select the Item you want to rotate. Then select the rotate tool. Then while you are holding alt/option key click on the canvas where you would like the center of your rotation. The box will appear. Enter the angle you want and don’t forget to hit “copy”

Then, you can command/control D to duplicate the same rotation for as many copies as you need.

I think this is what you are looking for. Hope it helps.

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Select the Item you want to rotate. Then select the rotate tool. Then while you are holding alt/option key click on the canvas where you would like the center of your rotation. The box will appear. Enter the angle you want and don’t forget to hit “copy”

Then, you can command/control D to duplicate the same rotation for as many copies as you need.

I think this is what you are looking for. Hope it helps.

I would go as far as saying “I LOVE YOU” thank you so much this is perfect sure a useful tip at last, Cheers!!!!!!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by