Hey guys I fixed some issues with my template, i had a friend of mine help me with the loading time because that was one of the issues i guess. I am still working out some bugs but i would like to know what you guys think of the template so far.Here it is: http://lementstudios.com/musician_template2/index.html
Thanks and all feed back is welcome.
Hey, I love it
But typography needs improvements, it quite difficult to read.
As I have not yet been approved, take my comments with a tiny grain of salt
- The font face at the main page “Welcome to our website” is really bad (I almost couldn’t read the “our”)
- The logo font is not that great either
- The loading of the page is much improved, well done
- The initial transitions, while impressive, take a bit too long, make them faster
- Love the hover effects, and image slider at the bottom and the social panel
- Some headers are a bit small, and don’t stand out, for example, in the “Band Biography” page, the “Read about the band” header. Also, the text is a bit too cluttered. In the same page, the “Here are some more info” should have at least a 20px margin-top to seperate itself and the text below it
- The inner hyperlinks are a bit light in color, sometimes blending with the pattern below; this is quite apparent in the Twitter page
Overall, I think this is a very good template, and super-effectively achieves what it aims for (astronauts, right? :-))
Best of luck friend, Nikos
Hey guys thanks for the replies and the ideas. I will work on the mentioned items for sure.
Nikos what do you mean by “The initial transitions, while impressive, take a bit too long, make them faster”?
The headers are an easy fix and also the slogan text on the main page. Also the hyperlinks i will work on.
Well as you are saying it’s for astronauts, hehe I think it can be used other than a band page. I always think of many different usages. I hope that the review team will like it too.
@rifki i am glad you like it, it’s been in the making for 4 months or so because of limited time but i think i am pretty close.
The first time the page loads (I assume all the others are AJAX or something), the animations take a bit too long. Make them 1-2 seconds lower and make them follow each other (sequential)
I think as soon as the typography is sorted out, you’ll easily get accepted
Hey Nikos The animations are sequential but i can make them faster in the code not a big deal. It’s really easy to change the animation times and effects for each animated section specially for the main page contents. The pages are ajax loaded i had to do this because i guess the too many sliders and images did take a lot of time to load and keep in mind that it was a single html file for the whole template, and i guess there was a lot of info in there.
I hope the review will be as you are saying easily excepted.
Changed some of the things you mentioned, typography and fonts changed the font for the menu as well. let me know what you think on the updates.
- The menu font looks much better
- The central font “Welcome to our website” is way better than before, yet still not very good in my eyes. I’d try something thicker.
- The logo font look very nice, although you could use a cursive or italic font to attract attention
- The recent images tab comes in waaaayyyyy too slow; i understand that it’s customizable, yet the Themeforest user probably won’t invest a ton of time browsing each theme, and may dislike the slow animation
- Did you change the intial background picture as well? I think the black hair blend much better with the huge letters on top
- A subtle shine on top of the logo background might give a more premium feel to the top part, and the template overall
- Again, in the “Band Bio” page for example, the headers don’t split the blocks of text good enough. The “Here is some more band info” header need a lot of top space
Best regards, Nikos
Thanks for the reply, I know the recent images tab slides in slow but thats because i wanted it to slide in after the thumb scroller stops give it that feel. I will play with the slogan lines try to find a good font. The headers for the bio page i will look at again i did increase the spacing but maybe increase it more. The background image was not changed at all.
OK, let us know as soon as you have a new version up
I uploaded mine yesterday, it’s being “held by the review team”, not sure what to make of this :-/