498 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
NeuronFX says

I’ve sent you a donation. I know it’s not much, but I hope it helps. It would be nice to know how things went after the surgery.

I’m posting this here not to look nice, but to get this community moving, envato has a great community, it would be nice if we support each other!

What if it’s a scam? What if it’s not and something happens to this child just cause you were dubious about this.

I think the easiest thing that a scammer can do is post some fake photos, especially a designer. So the fact that he can’t post photos proves that this is genuine (in my opinion).

Hope you collect the money you need Onedesign!

182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
onedesign says

I’ve sent you a donation. I know it’s not much, but I hope it helps. It would be nice to know how things went after the surgery.

I’m posting this here not to look nice, but to get this community moving, envato has a great community, it would be nice if we support each other!

What if it’s a scam? What if it’s not and something happens to this child just cause you were dubious about this.

I think the easiest thing that a scammer can do is post some fake photos, especially a designer. So the fact that he can’t post photos proves that this is genuine (in my opinion).

A special thank you NeuronFX for your help. and i’ll back here and let you know how things went after the surgery. Unfortunately i’m not allowed to publish photos and documents for a security reasons. I hope from you all to stop talking about scamming and trust me.

Please my friends keep this community moving.

1830 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

A special thank you NeuronFX for your help. and i’ll back here and let you know how things went after the surgery. Unfortunately i’m not allowed to publish photos and documents for a security reasons. I hope from you all to stop talking about scamming and trust me.

Please my friends keep this community moving.

Security reasons? What security reasons? Who wouldn’t let you make a picture or a video with the child? There are so many cases in my country for example where I see all the signed documents / photos / videos and so on and they’re all over the television and internet, so I really can’t find any reason why you wouldn’t post any document or proof at all.

P.S. Even if it’s a scam, he doesn’t risk anything, nobody can prove a thing, if its true or not.

1499 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I would donate, but there’s no detail in your story. I want to feel a connection, see a picture, or read some stories about the child. For all I know, you are tight on cash and need to pay some of your own bills.

498 posts
  • Won a competition
+4 more
NeuronFX says

In my opinion, who’s arguing that this is a scam, will never make that precious donation, not even if he gives us all the prove in the world.

Its nice feeling human for a few minutes in your life… will 10$ really effect you? If this is a scam its not you that have done wrong…

If you dont feel you should give, you shouldn’t, but if the only thing keeping you from making this small donation is the worrying if this is fake or not… I think you should just get over that and give something.

336 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Zino16000 says

Well I my self started to see this story fishy. I contacted him via email and put him in touch with a Moroccan association here in the US that I spoke to them personalty over the phone and they were willing to help with the total reminding amount also I speak the language, arabic, meaning he doesn’t have to struggle writing me in English but he didn’t give me any details about the boy nor information that would help him collect the amount in a minimum time. Since that day I didn’t hear from him and he was supposed to keep me posted with the progress, so there are no pictures of the boy Ahmed (name of the supposed sick boy) or any document proving the existence of this boy and his illness.
The above Moroccan association helped more than one in this situation but as I can read his comments he found envato community the only one that can help him…. and I don’t know what to think but as long as there is no evidence of the boy existence for me the story is fishy.

182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
onedesign says

In my opinion, who’s arguing that this is a scam, will never make that precious donation, not even if he gives us all the prove in the world.

Its nice feeling human for a few minutes in your life… will 10$ really effect you? If this is a scam its not you that have done wrong…

If you dont feel you should give, you shouldn’t, but if the only thing keeping you from making this small donation is the worrying if this is fake or not… I think you should just get over that and give something.

You are doing the right thing Neuron FX

I have lost my only hope, maybe we will sell our house or anything we have.

Thank you all my friends, i will get back all donations to their owners AndrVlad, wptitans and Neuron FX, and i wish from the moderator to remove this thread now.

1499 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

This is such a scam gone bad. Why would you give back donations and ask to delete the thread? Sounds like guilt to me….

Thanks for the info zino16000. That proves that this is not legit…

280 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
johnnybd says

a Scam gone bad ? Looks like someone made over $1500 from posting about a sick boy and a surgery. To me it sounds like he did quite well… Sincere apologizes to the victims of this scam.

1830 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I really wonder how naive one should be in order to send money to unknown people claiming things they can’t prove or they won’t even try.

Not only this thread should be deleted, but the started of the topic should be banned if he doesn’t prove the story is not fake, from my point of view.

by
by
by
by
by
by