14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
KotaroDesign says

I want to focus on creating printable templates in the future and I really like creating them with photoshop. When I viewed a few existing examples on the graphicriver marketplace, I saw that many were using Adobe Illustrator and a few Adobe InDesign. My question is what the difference is. If I have a mockup available I could also just create the layout and paste it on the mock up. Wouldn’t it be the exact same thing? Your response to this will be welcome! :)

1257 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

My opinion is that InDesign is excellent program for print templates.

WHY:

It’s optimized for pirint industry. Excellent font options. Stuning precision.

Illustration is best for Illustrations and logos. InDesign for print templates. Photoshop is a universal program, but is excellent for photo manipulation and web design.

14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
KotaroDesign says

Thank you for the answer. But in your opinion, could photoshop be used instead of illustrator or InDesign? Because as far as I have seen, I have been doing the same things, such as logos or printable designs, with photoshop. Also may I know what kind of special features InDesign has compared to Photoshop? :)

1257 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

Thank you for the answer. But in your opinion, could photoshop be used instead of illustrator or InDesign? Because as far as I have seen, I have been doing the same things, such as logos or printable designs, with photoshop. Also may I know what kind of special features InDesign has compared to Photoshop? :)

You can use Photoshop for print design ofc. I am using it! :)

But also I am using InDesign when create something like book design, letter forms, etc. You have better font/text control, better grids, alignments, etc. :)

I am not pro, but I know that InDesign have a lot of better options for print design than photoshop.

333 posts Andre28 - Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
andre28 says

Don’t you think there is a reason about why a multinational corporation would create 3 different softwares if only photoshop is the best for everything? ;)

photoshop is for photo manipulation

illustrator for illustration -> vector shapes

indesign for layout and print stuff -> just imagine how would you make a template with automatic page numeration in ps?

by
by
by
by
by
by