Demo Url : http://prakashghodke.com/majestic/
My item get rejected with the following message. Please suggest something
Overall, this is a good concept but there are a couple issues here:
1. We already have a number of submissions with the same overall design and concept and we have to draw the line somewhere.
I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.
2. Minimal templates can be clean and simple when you manage to handle the white space and details to provide a simple but yet unique template. But if you can’t, it will look like an incomplete template – blank template.
In this case, the submitted template is more like a ‘framework’ than a full fledged design. If you’re going with minimalism, you need to make sure all the little details check out.
In my honest opinion, at first it looks nice and minimalist. But there are a few things that bother me (might be just me though):
- The bounce animation gets old after seeing it more than once
- I feel like something’s missing with the main menu. To me it’ll look better if when the submenu is showing, the main item gets maybe a background color to show that the two items are connected to each other
- Orange. I think you’re using that color for some emphasis since it’s on the magnification icon and the main menu items; I’d like to see a bit more of it. e.g. on the hover state of the contact button
- Once the contact form slides down, it looks a bit too plain compared to the header
- The bottom half of the pages look like they need more to them since the top part looks cool
Ah, another form letter that is identical to others who had these same reasons They love these form letters…lol. Anyway, I disagree about the part of being too similar to others…to a certain point because I feel it does have some uniqueness.
As bfintal stated, I have to agree that the bounce effect should be done with, perhaps a nice smooth transition? I also can understand that something seems to be missing with the main menu. Perhaps having a top and bottom border that lines up with the top and bottom border of your search field (equal height in relation), so that it makes the menu stand out a bit more and makes it look like it belongs there. For the contact form, perhaps three columns and use rounded corners on the fields? I would also shorten the Submit button because it looks like a form field that you enter text in.
However, despite these items, the one thing that stood out to me was that I think the images need spacing, perhaps wrap all of them in a different colour background, still with spacing though.
I can understand the reviewer said it looks like a framework for a theme. It’s amazing though that with a minimalist design like this, that even small adjustments can greatly change the look of it. Overall, you have a good start here, but just needs a bit more adjustments and I think you will be fine.