Koolgfx says

It was therefore hard rejection?

Yes :S

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Czech Republic
Zdenka1967 says

It should always write the reason for the refusal. Most stock libraries that the author writes …

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
night_rid3r says

This is outrageous , first my item got soft rejected , than after editing 2 or 3 times , they say Read me file is missing ,which i forgot to put inside zip, than i fix that , and finally BAMMM… HARD REJECTION Hahahah , i don’t know what is all about , maybe i am missing something .. And yes, last reason was similarity ,which is not mentioned before …. This is totaly un proffessional …. They are messing with us … I cannot beleave this …

114 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Teo_nikif says

In my humble opinion I think item reviews should be based more on functional and less on aesthetical standards (as they may vary for each person).This can be mainly seen when your soft rejected item is hard rejected after all the applied changes for another irrelevant reason (probably means that another reviewer took control). The file should do what it is described to do (and that is what the reviewer has to check) and let the clients decide if the aesthetic quality is enough for them or not. It’s not some kind of high-art gallery (if they consider it to be, they should increase the prices by 10-20 times at least) it’s just a stock graphics marketplace

59 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
JenniMcCarthy says

I’m glad I am not the only one who feels this way, I have had multiple rejections and I don’t have a problem being rejected as long as there is a valid reason, but my latest rejection had this additional comment: “Background images need to be more than just textures with color splatters over them. Consider submitting some more creative files instead.” The problem I had with the comment is: 1) it is just snotty, bad communication skills on the part of the reviewer and 2) the comment was based on the reviewers “opinion” as the file submitted was a JPG so there is no possible way that the reviewer knew how the file was created, manipulated or how much work went into the file. I would have had more respect for the reviewer if they had just said I personally don’t like your work and am rejecting it based on my opinion. But of all the rejections I had received I have not been given a solid reason for a rejection just a generic, vague statement sent in the email.

475 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

Anyone knows since when the EPS files must be version 8 or 10?? I had no problems till this month when submitting CS3 EPS files…

742 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
EladChai says

Anyone knows since when the EPS files must be version 8 or 10?? I had no problems till this month when submitting CS3 EPS files…

Since a long (very long) time ago.

742 posts
+7 more
EladChai says

In my humble opinion I think item reviews should be based more on functional and less on aesthetical standards (as they may vary for each person).This can be mainly seen when your soft rejected item is hard rejected after all the applied changes for another irrelevant reason (probably means that another reviewer took control). The file should do what it is described to do (and that is what the reviewer has to check) and let the clients decide if the aesthetic quality is enough for them or not. It’s not some kind of high-art gallery (if they consider it to be, they should increase the prices by 10-20 times at least) it’s just a stock graphics marketplace

\\

Dude, take it easy…

First of all, there was a time(not so long ago) that Graphicriver had VERY HIGH STANDARDS and you would have NEVER seen the items that are approved today. NEVER. This used to be the top highest most professional graphic stock site with the best graphicdesigners. Now it’s not (IMHO), I think this is about giving a chance to noobs as well (while trying to keep high standards, which isn’t going well in my opinion).

I have never seen Graphicriver with such low quality items. Not to mention so many items that are 100% made of stolen assests from different authors. Some new authors think we are stupid, but they are wrong. We can identify those stolen assests, styles, colors, arrangements, texts, etc.. VERY EASY!

So if you get your files approved (even 1) it’s a great step, from there you can only move forward.

Good luck to all :) (no hard feelings)

1739 posts
+2 more
gbs says

Yes, EPS should be from version 10. This is how I uploaded my vector files, for 3 years now.

114 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Teo_nikif says

\\

Dude, take it easy…

First of all, there was a time(not so long ago) that Graphicriver had VERY HIGH STANDARDS and you would have NEVER seen the items that are approved today. NEVER. This used to be the top highest most professional graphic stock site with the best graphicdesigners. Now it’s not (IMHO), I think this is about giving a chance to noobs as well (while trying to keep high standards, which isn’t going well in my opinion).

I have never seen Graphicriver with such low quality items. Not to mention so many items that are 100% made of stolen assests from different authors. Some new authors think we are stupid, but they are wrong. We can identify those stolen assests, styles, colors, arrangements, texts, etc.. VERY EASY!

So if you get your files approved (even 1) it’s a great step, from there you can only move forward.

Good luck to all :) (no hard feelings)

No offence my friend on my side. I wouldn’t want to insult one of the “pros” (IYHO). Just my “noobish” point of view ;) , that aesthetic quality is subjective so rejections should be based on more solid reasons.

by
by
by
by
by
by