Hello I attempted a 6 page coffee house Brochure which was rejected today and I was hoping for some great advice on how I could improve my brochure.
Here are the reviewer comments:
This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria We would like to thank you for your submission but are, unfortunately, unable to approve it at this time as it does not meet our current quality requirements. Please continue reading as we’ve explained why we’ve declined your submission.
Here is a preview image of my Coffee House Brochure:
Thank you in advance to any respondents.
Hi there xstortionist, Here is the exact email i received when my item got rejected. I also thank you for your advice regarding the font, I agree and disagree, there is always ways to improve an item, yet i felt a very strong connection with this font and the feel of the Brochure. The font invokes class and elegance, in which the coffee of the coffee house represents too, this was the message i was trying to portray, Thus i used this font. But if this was not my intention, i agree the font could be massively improved depending on the message your trying to give.
Thank you xstortionist.
We’re sorry, your item The Coffee house Brochure has not been approved for sale on GraphicRiver. This is the reason given by our item inspector:
This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria
We would like to thank you for your submission but are, unfortunately, unable to approve it at this time as it does not meet our current quality requirements. Please continue reading as we’ve explained why we’ve declined your submission.
=== Why We’ve Declined Your Submission ===
1) Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. GraphicRiver recently announced a new policy for increased quality and design standards for accepted files. For more information, you can read about it here: http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/important-new-quality-standards-on-graphicriver/35094 . To understand the quality of the files accepted to the GraphicRiver library, see the Popular Files list: http://graphicriver.net/page/top_sellers . If you would like feedback from your peers on improving your file, please visit the Item Discussion forum. (http://graphicriver.net/forums/topic/item-discussion/50 ) If you have a question on this rejection, you can also respond to this email and a reviewer will be glad to assist you.
- Important: Improvements or fixes MUST be made to the above described areas before resubmitting. Resubmitting without making any of the requested changes violates our policy and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship rights.
=== Check the Wiki === Before moving on to Additional Support, please check our Wiki for common submission issues and other valuable information. If you do not find the information you are seeking, you may move on to obtaining Additional Support.
GraphicRiver Wiki: http://wiki.envato.com/tag/graphicriver-basics/ Graphic River Quality Guidelines: http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/graphicriver-quality-guidelines/
=== Additional Support === If you do not understand the above described reasons for declining your submission, you may submit a support ticket requesting further clarification at http://graphicriver.net/support Please select “General Inquiry” and include your reviewer’s name and message. We will typically respond within 48 hours but your request may take longer depending on request and staff availability.
- Important: Do not reply to this email as we will not receive it. You must submit a support request to speak with our support or review staff. Do not attempt to contact reviewers directly as our policy requires that they only discuss reviews within our support system.Thanks for submitting your content to GraphicRiver
Take a look at these:
I know I’ve posted blackboard menus as well, however note the simple font choices and easy, simple layouts.
A Brochure template is supposed to be simple and easy to glance your eye over, even look at my simple magazines
I’d suggest losing the big curly font and finding a more clean cut and crisp replacement.
Secondly, I would not put text over images. Create your text around strategically placed images.
Lastly, have you ever been in a coffee shop and been given a 6 page menu? I think you could reduce this to a bi-fold or tri-fold menu.
Very good start though, I wouldn’t give up.
Thanks quickandeasy for your informative beneficial reply. I will be re looking at the current font choice i really like the simplicity of your 1st image, I think that portrays more stylish cafe than my choice. These images have really helped physically point out differences i couldn’t see before, So thank you to you and xstortionist who also spotted my flaw.
I agree with the 6 page brochure in a coffee shop but again i was aiming at high end coffee shops where i have been into and seen 6 page and more brochure, but for your everyday coffee house this would not suit.
I may reduce the size to open my options, i will think this one over, but thank you to you both for your guidance and support.
In regards to the six page idea, maybe include multiple layout options rather than separate pages altogether…?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.