Perhaps Envato might consider using this? Anything’s got be better than what they’ve got as it doesn’t store plain text passwords.
WooCommerce – Subscriptions Add-onhttp://www.woothemes.com/2012/06/the-long-awaited-woocommerce-subscriptions-drop/
You mean hashed or encrypted? If hashed anyone with access to database can unhash and with many encryptions simply test for collisions and recover passwords. So if it’s encrypted I hope it’s something that’s difficult to decrypt. And if I understand correctly.. all Envato user passwords were vulnerable after security compromise if users did not reset their Envato marketplace passwords since then? Was it 23days ago?
EDIT : To clarify this is just in response to OP.
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Beta Tester
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
this was about a separate website from envato network, if you don’t have an account there then you are ok.
the accounts from the marketplace are not linked with that website