Mr. Logo Destroyer – Action for Adobe Photoshop
Created in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Tested in Adobe Photoshop CS3 – working
Tested in Adobe Photoshop CS2 – working
What is it for??
When applying textures we often have to “trash” or “destroy” logos and images in order to give them
more “realistic” look. This little action will do it in a seconds. (takes about 8 seconds on my machine)
This action has more then 100 operations!! and it doesn’t require any grunge maps!!
* At the end you will have a “destroyed” logo – on a separate layer
- texture – on a separate layer
- logo and texture with the bump look and feel – on a separate layer
- original logo and texture – on a separate layer
What will you get with the file:
1. Adobe Photoshop Action
2. Adobe Photoshop Sample file with – One texture and one logo
3. Instructions how to install action and how to use it + basic troubleshooting guide
How to install action:
1. Copy “Mr. Logo Destroyer.atn” file to your computer (you can put it anywhere)
- On my computer the path is - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3 \Presets\Actions\Mr. Logo Destroyer.atn
2. Open Adobe Photoshop
-> Window -> Actions -> Options -> Load Actions—> Navigate to
3. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3 \Presets\Actions\Mr. Logo Destroyer.atn
4. Click load
5. That’s it!!
How to use action:
1. Open texture
2. Open Logo
3. Place them in one photoshop document
4. Now you suppose to have a photoshop document with 2 layers in front of you
Layers suppose to be organized like this:
Top layer - Logo - rename it to -- 1
Bottom Layer - Texture - rename it to -- 2
5. Go to Actions pallete. (windows – Actions)
6. Run Mr. Logo Destroyer (just click play button)
7. That’s it
8. Check out a 3d bump preview layer!! (usefull if you are going to use texture in 3d application, you will be able to see how it will look like)
Troubleshooting: If action doesn’t work:
1. Restart Photoshop
2. Make sure that in channels you have only 4 channels, if you have fith alpha channel – delete it.
3. If during “action run” you will see “Paste command is not available” – ignore it, just press continue.