An Introduction to Echo Grotesque — geometric, elegance, and readability
The new typeface, Echo Grotesque, is a contemporary, quality sans serif font.
Influenced by Futura, Gill Sans and other 20th-century models, Echo Grotesque is a classic sans-serif with some humanist features such as:
- Relatively small x-height;
- Open aperture;
- Moderate contrast between strokes;
- Slightly calligraphic influence.
Echo Grotesque has open counters and friendly proportions that give it a warm and friendly look; and a simple geometric shape makes it an elegant and efficient solution for headings and paragraphs.
While being clean and simple in its basic form, it is a strong face for news prints or publishing designs, such as magazine headlines, posters and so on.
Manually edited kerning and OT kerning pairs.
Alternate characters a,t,e,f.
OT Stylistic sets.
“f” ligature set;
Basic Latin alphabet and German language support.
Punctuation, Currency, Math Symbols.
Update Jan 2016. New & Improved Version 1.0.2What’s new:
- More bugs fixed;
- Increase the level of contrast between the thickest and the thinnest strokes of a character;
- Changed the name of the style – “Light”.
- Change default G, K, W, a, k, t.
- Added more alternate shapes;
- Added OT features;
- Added Ligatures.
The updated version has a different font weight name than in the old font versions. You should remove old versions from your font management software before installing the new ones.