March 2020 Update
Plugin now works even without the Oil Paint filter, although it will use it if available. Added a function for increasing the detail level beyond the maximum selectable. Improved documentation. Fixed a bug where certain images with unusual contrasts were not analyzed and rendered correctly.
LARGE IMAGE LINKS
With Low Poly Generator – Photoshop Extension you can easily generate low polygon (lowpoly) images from your existing images. An impressive low poly image has both larger and smaller polygons, placed according to the presence of details in the original image. Areas such as the eyes of a portrait require multiple small polygons for an impressive result.
The process of creating such an effect was done manually in Photoshop or Illustrator and required many hours even for an experimented user. Now you don’t need to be a Photoshop pro or spend many hours. The user activity takes from a few seconds to a few minutes, the plugin handles all the steps for creating a low poly image out of hundreds of thousands of triangles.
- Generate low poly subject images and background images
- Generate low poly images by detecting content (edges) in images
- Control the quality of edge detection and amount of detail for Image transformations
- Enhance low poly look in key areas of images (such as facial parts) by placing easy path points
- Generate low poly backgrounds with random distributed points
- Control the amount of polygons rendered for background images
- Control Hue, Saturation and Brightness variation for polygon elements
- Create wireframe layers
- Render using Vector Shapes