Created in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Tested in Adobe Photoshop CS3 – working
Tested in Adobe Photoshop CS2 – working
What is it for and how to use it:
(Note: This action is not simply changes blending modes of the layers, it uses selections that are based on luminosity and perfoms several curve adjustments)
1. Open an image (by default you are going to see one layer – “Background” don’t change the name)
2. Run Action – it will go through about 600 operations and after (takes between 30 sec and 1 min depending on photo and your computer) It will create 10 layers
- Layer 1 – Vivid Normal (Will add vibrant color and will be acceptable for most images)
- Layer 2 – Fixing Sky 2 (Will fix overexposed sky and brighten overall photo, like photos that has been taken at sunset)
- Layer 3 – Fixing Sky (Will fix overexposed sky and brighten even more overall photo, like photos that has been taken at sunset)
- Layer 4 – Vivid Strong (Will add vibrant color to bust an image color – will be acceptable for photos with dull colors)
- Layer 5 – Vivid Bright (Will fix underexposed photo)
- Layer 6 – Fixing Over Exposed Sky (Will fix overexposed sky, without darkening the shadows)
- Layer 7 – Fixing Over Exposed (Will fix overexposed photo)
- Layer 8 – B&W – Light (will fix dark (underexposed) image and convert it to Black and White)
- Layer 9 – B&W – Medium (convert an image to Black and White)
- Layer 10 – B&W – Dark (will fix bright (overexposed) image and convert it to Black and White)
- Layer 11 – Original (Untouched original Image – for comparisson)
3. Go trhough these layers and compare with original. Simply choose the one that you like the most and save it.
Note: Even though this action can fix a lot of problems (can fix 8 out of 10), but in some cases you will have to twick your image manually.
How to install action:
1. Copy “Mr. Vivid.atn” file to your computer (you can put it anywhere)
- On my computer the path is - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3 \Presets\Actions\Mr. Vivid.atn
2. Open Adobe Photoshop
-> Window -> Actions -> Options -> Load Actions -> Navigate to (where you copied it) - On my computer the path is—
3. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3 \Presets\Actions\Mr. Vivid.atn
4. Click load.
5. That’s it!!
What will you get with the file:
1. Adobe Photoshop Action