PerfectGuides – Guide Placement Utility for Photoshop
This script creates guides in an open document in Adobe Photoshop at exact the distance specified. The guides can be placed vertically or horizontally. Furthermore you can choose not only distance but the direction and units from within the script dialog. It’s very easy to use and once you use this script you will not be able to do without it.
This scripted utility is a tool for web developers and designers alike, who would like to place their guides at exact distances.
<q>I am a web application developer/graphic designer and I found placement of guides a pain in Photoshop so I came up with this idea to make a script that can place guides at exactly where I wanted them so I created this script and now you can use it too for you own projects</q>.
- Open or create a new document in Photoshop.
- From scripts menu choose PerfectGuides
File -> Scripts -> PerfectGuides
- Enter the distance, choose direction and units.
- Click on Create Guide button and a guide is created at specified position.
- That’s it! it’s as simple as this
- PerfectGuides.jsxbin (Photoshop Script)