PLEASE NOTE: Some of the latest versions of PS will not “read” some adjustments created by this action. If you have PS CC14 (or 15), record an action with some adjustments (levels, curves) and see if you can play it back. There are many users that have reported bugs that prevent actions to do adjustments. If that is the case, this action set will not work.
The Wood Frame Action set for Photoshop is a collection of 30 individual actions that create a detailed mitered wood frame and its corresponding mat boards to enhance the look of a painting or photograph (just in the way that many professional photographic studios and custom framing shops do around the world).
This set has been carefully created with the purpose of improving the look and presentation of your digital work. Inspired by the way modern museums and galleries display artwork, the Wood Frame Action set is extremely simple to use and achieves beautiful, professional results.
• To be used with Photoshop CS and higher
• Visual Style Guide included to match available styles
• The action is designed to work with web sized images
• Texturized mat boards and detailed wood grain provides a realistic look
• Unlimited color available for mat boards
• There are 30 individual actions included in the set.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
• Best suited for web applications. Large images ( > 2000px ) may result in small frame
. Look for my other set of actions suitable for larger files/print applications. • Uses Photoshop’s filters that will not work in 16-bit images (ie some RAW files)... To use, your image must be 8-bit.
SIMPLE TO USE:
1) Open your image in Photoshop.
2) Select colors for the mat boards:
FOREGROUND COLOR = OUTER MAT BOARD COLOR
BACKGROUND COLOR = INNER MAT BOARD COLOR
3) Select desired action from the Actions Palette.
4) Play action.