IMPORTANT NOTE! The COMPATIBLE versions of Photoshop is CS6, CC, CC 2015.5+, CC 2017+ and only computers with available OIL PAINT FILTER inside a Photoshop.
If Oil Paint is grayed out for you, try these steps:
- Make sure Photoshop is up-to-date
- Make sure that your document is RGB. Oil Paint won’t work on color spaces other than RGB (e.g. CMYK, Lab, etc.)
- If you’re on Windows, make sure you’re running a 64-bit OS with the 64-bit version of Photoshop. OpenCL requires 64-bit
- Make sure Use Graphics Processor is checked under Preferences > Performance
- Make sure that your video card driver is up to date with the latest from the vendor website.
Note: If your video card does not support OpenCL v1.1 or higher, you may need to purchase an upgraded video card that supports OpenCL v1.1 or higher to gain access to the Oil Paint filter.
Information about your graphics card can be found in Photoshop’s Help > System Info dialog.
Photoshop Configure for this Action
1. Make sure you are using the English version of Photoshop. If you are using a different language . Click Here to watch how to set the language to English.
2. Use the RGB Mode and 8 Bits color. To check these settings, go to Image->Mode and check the “RGB color” and “8 Bits/Channel”.
3. For the best results, it is recommended to use high resolution photos in the range of 1500px – 6000px. The optimal range is from 3000px – 4000px. The detail and clarity in the effects generated by the actions reduce the smaller your photo is.
4. Make sure the Opacity of the brush is set to 100%. Select the “Brush Tool” and move the opacity slider to 100%.
5. Your main image should be set as a background. If your image have a difference name like as layer 0, select it and then go to : Layer->New->Background from layer.
This action is thoroughly tested across between 50 – 150 different photos to ensure there are no errors. In the case where you do experience an error, please contact me via email if you are still having troubles. Then I will solve your error quickly.
After each action has finished playing, it creates a well organized layer structure. Each layer and folder are named appropriately and color coded to create a neat working environment for you.
HeroAction Photoshop actions are designed to save you hours, days, weeks or months of work. They are created in a way that both photoshop beginners and experts can use, saving you lots of time working on both personal and commercial projects.