What are textures for?
Have you ever noticed the incredible character of texture? The way it can illustrate a certain mood or even temperature? Well, designers have! And they find unique ways each day to use textures for maximum impact.
Texture is the feel or appearance of any surface or substance. In design, textures are often used as backgrounds, overlays, or additional elements that complement the artist's work.
And you'll want to incorporate background textures into your pieces for many reasons:
- Textures add personality to your designs. Remember the whole grunge movement of the early 90's? That movement was synonymous with texture. That dirty, grungy feel became an important element to fashion and so much more. So feel free to explore the different personalities you can find within different textures.
- Textures bring your designs to life. You can turn a boring plain background into a charming rustic scene with only a few wooden slats, or unleash your imagination for an experimental and abstract design. Adding even just a little bit of texture can go a long way.
- Textures add realism to your work. Nothing in nature is completely smooth. And when you create designs in digital software, your work tends to look unnatural. Simply add some texture to a few objects or backgrounds to see your work instantly transform.
- Textures can be used for anything! There is absolutely no limit to how you can use texture. Incorporate it into your desktop wallpapers, website backgrounds, or digital paintings for more incredible effects.
Sounds good, right? So head on over and discover our collection of background textures. Crafted from passionate designers, they can be applied to a wide range of projects—print designs, text effects, and custom brushes just to name a few.
Here's a quick run-down of what you'll find in our collection:
- High-resolution imagery. No crazy pixelation or distortion found here. Only images at pristine resolutions or scanned in at 300 dpi.
- A multitude of texture types and surfaces. From peeling paint to gorgeous marble flooring, and a lot more.
- Hand-made textures available too! There's something charming about a handmade texture. It's that extra bit of time and love sprinkled onto an already great design asset! Choose from watercolor to acrylic paint and other traditional mediums to utilize hand-made textures.
- Premium packs also included. Yep, we're talking about premium-quality texture packs featuring images at different angles, colors, and sizes for your convenience. It's a win!